Fall 2021 Service Changes
- View the Fall 2021 Digital Public Meeting
- View the Fall 2021 Service Change
- View the proposed Fall 2021 Service Changes Brochure
Final Fall 2021 Service Changes:
Beginning Sunday, September 26, Mountain Metro will implement part of our fall 2021 service change package. Due to a shortage of available bus drivers, the remaining service changes will be implemented when conditions improve. The changes being implemented Sunday, September 26, include:
- Route 37 (Hancock Plaza – Colorado Springs Airport): Convert new Route 37 serving the Amazon facility and the Colorado Springs Airport from an express service to a full-service route with additional trips and stops, and ADA paratransit service. Route 37 will be operating as a full-service route, on a Saturday schedule, seven days a week.
- Route 11 (World Arena – PPCC): MMT will address long-standing on-time performance issues experienced by Route 11 on Saturdays and Sundays.
The following approved fall 2021 service improvements will be delayed until bus driver staffing levels improve:
- Route 22 (Southborough via Murray Blvd) – Add Sunday service
- Route 23 (Galley Rd - Blvd) – Add Sunday service
Reminder: As approved through the spring 2021 service change process, Route 33 (Incline/Cog Shuttle) will stop operating at 6:00 p.m. in the off-season (late September through late April), effective Sunday, September 26, 2021. Also, Route 36 (Manitou Avenue Shuttle) will go out of service for the season after completing its trips on Saturday, September 25, 2021.
Note: Route 25 weekday schedule adjustments will also go into effect on September 26; however, this Route will continue its Saturday level service on weekdays until driver staffing improves
This service change will be delayed until local COVID conditions improve and PPCC resumes more in-person classes.
- Revisions to Rt. 40, Voyager Pkwy-PPCC Rampart:
- Extend Rt. 40 north to PPCC’s Healthcare Education and Simulation Campus (CHES)
- Operates only when Pikes Peak Community College classes are in session during Fall and Spring semesters
- Reduces hours of operation from 12 hours a day to 10 hours a day
- Start date - To Be Determined